There are many exciting student led integration already happening at DISD. We would love to connect and collaborate with any school district.
Feb. 17th: Parent Online Safety and Laptop meetings at Dublin Middle School
Feb. 19: Parent Online Safety and Laptop meetings at Dublin Middle School
Feb. 24: Parent Online Safety and iPod Touch meetings at Dublin Middle School and Dublin Intermediate School
March 3: Parent Online Safety and iPod Touch meeting at Dublin Elementary School
Student Collaborative Projects
Spring2010: Weather Skype with FirstGrade: Connected with first students inIowa, first grade students at Magnolia ISD, student grandmother in Holland,Dublin Alumni in Paris, France, Stephenville Alumni in Virginia.
· Sept.17: Skype with Patrick Street Pharmacy,2nd grade classrooms connect with pharmacy to learn about propertiesof matter
· Sept.9: Skype with 2nd grade tolearn about Lab Safety in Science: Northwest ISD, 2nd grade class in Iowa
· October18: 3rd Grade skypes aboutweather with individuals in Israel, Boston, and 2nd grade class inIowa
· October14: Dublin Intermediate 3rdgrade skypes with Dublin Historical Museum Curator on how Dublin Communityleaders met to solve a problem to restore Church on Grafton Street.
· October21: first grade skypes about weatherwith Glen Rose ISD first grade, Grossbeck ISD first grade, and alumni forThailand
· October29: Interactive video conference withRegion 11 and Paleontologist on a dinosaur dig near Dallas, Texas. Kindergarten, 2nd grade, and 3rdgrade participated
· November17: Skype with 9th grade IPCstudents in science on how we use radiation in the real world with two collegephysics professors, Dr. Marble for TSU and Dr. Wayne Keith from McMurryUniversity in Abiliene
· November30: GT students at Dublin Intermediatevideo conference with the program Meet Ben Franklin videoconference sponsoredby the Education Department of the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
· December1st: Students at DublinMiddle School tour and take digital photos of the Dublin HistoricalMuseum. Information was presented bycurator, Mary Yantis, and students researched our community history. Students then were able to create slideshowsbased on their visit and began planning to build Dublin Historical Societywebsite.
· January18: Students at Dublin Middle Schoolbegin creating a website for our community’s Dublin Historical Society.
· January20: Dublin Elementary’s 2ndgrade class connect with Dublin Middle School band students on skype to learnabout the instrument family.
Working toset up skypes with the following industries/businesses:
MillerPediatric in Stephenville, Harris Methodist Hospital in Stephenville, FirstNational Bank of Dublin, and local vet.
March23: 8th grade ELA studentswill be hosting an international video project on the history of Dublin Dr.Pepper at Dublin Dr. Pepper.
Smart Notebook Level Two Advanced: 10/13
Web 2.0: 10/20
Smart Responders, Polling and Online Quiz
Creating Podcasts and Blogging: 11/3
Smart Notebook Interactive Activities and Advanced Training: 11/10
Podcasting Resources: iTunes U and Resources 11/17
Videoconferencing and Multimedia 12/1
Project Share Introduction and Technology Pre-Assessment 1/3
Project Share Training: 1/5
Online Professionalism and Project Share: 1/17
50 Ways to Utilize Video Conferencing in Your Classroom: Skype, iChat, and Distance Learning Opportunities: 1/19
Using Your Interactive Whiteboard to it's Fullest Potential: Smart Notebook Training: 1/26
Enhancing Your Classroom Web Page and Blog: 2/2
Applications for iPods and Integration Ideas using iTouch: 2/16
Basics Day: Basic Productivity Tools: Networking, Email, and Basic MacBook Functions: 2/23
Learning about iLife: iPhoto and iMovie: 3/2
Integrating Technologies for Assessment: Polling, Smart Responders, and Web 2.0: 3/9
Integrating With Spreadsheets: Learn Excel Functions, Charts, and Spreadsheet Integration Ideas: 3/23
Integrating with Presentation Applications: PowerPoint and Keynote Capabilities: 3/30